Steps You Can Take to Help Slow the Spread of Flu and Illness
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is making headlines and is a general topic of conversation at home and in the workplace. A quick review of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website highlights that while there is currently no vaccine for this particular virus strain, the CDC recommends
standard preventive actions will help keep respiratory illnesses from spreading. After all, it’s still flu season so the CDC recommends getting a flu vaccine in addition to taking everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, and taking flu antivirals if prescribed.
Preventive actions include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use at least a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Please note this information is provided as a guideline. Contact your healthcare provider to determine what will best meet your health needs. Please refer to your plan summary or contact Customer Care 1-800-869-7093 for more information.