Shop Welded in Valves
N/E can provide the large bore valves and economizer drain valves shop-welded, saving both time and money.
- Welds are done in a more controlled shop environment.
- Reduces valve handling, storage, staging, welding, PWHT and NDE at site.
- Pipe spools without valves are still shipped from shop once ready, allowing Field Erector to start with piping as usual.
- The assembled shop-welded valve spools arrive shortly thereafter, ready for installation, resulting in an overall field erection schedule savings.
Small Bore Pipe Spools
N/E can provide the small bore piping spooled with shop welded in valves for approximately 75% of the small bore pipe welds. The spools will fit in standard shipping containers or on a standard truck.
Shop Welding of Pipe Supports
N/E can supply large bore pipe support stanchions and stanchion base plates welded to the pipe in the shop
- In addition to savings on field welds, the savings for PWHT and NDE can be significant (particularly for alloy pipe materials)
- Approximately 90% of the pipe support welds to the piping can be welded in the shop
N/E can design for fewer risers:
- Reduction in manhours needed to field weld risers.
- Cleaner layout on top of the HRSG.
- Fewer nozzle penetrations, reducing the risk for hot spots.